Monday, August 24, 2009

Focus Groups This week!!!


I'm getting ready for our clergy, Christian educators, and bloggers - all of whom will descend this week.

It's sad to say that I'm almost giddy with excitement, but I am. That we're able to bring people in and take the time to listen to them is such a wonderful opportunity. So many people here are wandering by my office wondering what cool things I'm stuffing into our great Camp Edge VBS coolers (which is what you'll get if you come this week!). What's inside is a secret--but I will tell you that each one is full of something great!
Will we find out that we're irrelevant? That churches can and will create their own curriculum? That pastors no longer look to us for leadership? Or to provide resources on their daily journey?
I doubt it.
We're all struggling with some of the same ideas--how to become *and then stay!* relevant in this fast-changing world. I'd like to incorporate some of their ideas, and maybe they'll see something worth looking at in the process, too.
My goal for the week: to truly understand what we can do that will add the most benefit for the people we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment