Monday, August 24, 2009

Vision of the Future

This is great - Microsoft's vision of the future is amazing, but this Sarcastic Gamer special is even better.

I love the newspaper that you can just 'flick' away one story and bring on the next. Don't we already do that with iPhones?

And if I could 'flick' a story out of the way, why on earth would I want something that LOOKS just like a newspaper looks now? Why save that tired old layout? Instead, I'd want a HUD display that would come out of the side of my head or be projected from my watch, or my cell.

Projection is the future, forget all this paper mess. We're building larger and larger screens for our iPhones/iPods/Kindles so we have enough room to read a book comfortably. It's still not going to work as well as a book. Plastic Logic ain't gonna cut it either.

I think we're all stuck in a box. The true 'Kindle Killer' will be a product that looks nothing like a book, acts nothing like a book, yet fulfills all the functions and experience of reading.

My $0.02.

No comments:

Post a Comment